Tutorials are designed to reinforce discrete skills through targeted, individualized instruction. They will be delivered either in person or via an eLearning platform.
- Metacognitive reading comprehension skills.
- Syllabication: The strategies to decode multisyllabic words.
- Small book groups to share love of literature.
- Single paragraph: Practice brainstorming, outlining, writing, and revising one solid paragraph with strong and varied sentence structure.
- Multi Paragraph: Learn how to brainstorm, outline, write, and revise multi paragraph essays.
- Essay writing for high school and college applications.
- Strengthen vocabulary to enhance reading, writing, listening, speaking, and thinking.
- Number facts: Build automaticity of math facts.
- Number sense and computational efficiency.
- Problem solving: Develop a tool belt of strategies.
- Solidify math concepts through the use of concrete materials.
- Note taking, active reading, preparing study guides, memory strategies, time management.
Executive Function Skills:
- Understand what they are and why they matter.
- Learn to create and adhere to a budget, understand banking products and financial terms.
- Informal assessing available upon intake.
- Master skills to make the most of distance learning.
- College and Independent School application process.
- How to navigate the Individuals With Disabilities Education Act.